Monday, October 3, 2016

Fall Harvests

We'll be harvesting again on Friday the 7th.

As it gets colder and windier over the course of the next two months, I'll need to take weather into account when planning harvests. I am aiming for consistent weekend harvests, but know from experience that the fall weather can make that impossible.
I'll continue posting planned harvest dates here and will be in touch customers if there are any weather related changes in postponements.

For the time being, it continues to be lovely on the water. The oysters are still growing rapidly and are finally fully inventoried, graded, and organized. The oysters I planted in July are now huge- with some over-achieving specimens already beginning to cup-up.

The last 2014 oysters and the 2015 oysters are developing their characteristic fall flavor, very savory with a mild sweetness (my favorite). We are coming into the best part of oyster season!